The Friday Five: Top Teuvo Tallies
Last week, the Blackhawks added a new Finnish forward to the system with the 18th pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. As a friendly welcome to our new Blackhawk, the Blackhawks Blog gives you The Friday Five: Teuvo Teräväinen edition.
Teräväinen is a few months shy of his 18th birthday, but spent most of the 2011-12 season with Helsinki's Jokerit of the top professional league in Finland. Take a look back at some of his impressive goals with the club.
1. August 28, 2011 – Teräväinen nets his first goal for Jokerit off a nice pass from teammate Jani Rita. It was Jokerit’s second goal of the night. The Helsinki squad would go on to win the game 3-0, capturing the European Trophy (Europe’s most prestigious hockey preseason tournament).
2. February 18, 2012 – The young winger shows off his maturity and confidence taking on the goaltender one-on-one, putting the puck behind the netminder with ease.
3. February 28, 2012 – This clip illustrates the 17-year-old winger capitalizing on his ability to find the net any way he can. When finishing off an easy tap-in, Teräväinen experiences a bit of bad luck as the puck first hits the post. But instead of taking his gaze off the puck and beginning a faulty celebration, the forward is there to rebound his own puck for the goal.
4. March 8, 2012 – Teräväinen shows off his poise under pressure putting away an easy goal off a sweet pass from his linemate.
5. March 26, 2012 – Once again, Teräväinen stays onside and creates a breakaway opportunity for himself, beating the goaltender with a smooth wrister.