The 52 names on the Stanley Cup
Thursday, 09.26.2013 / 1:39 PM CT
The Stanley Cup arrived back in Chicago this morning, freshly inscribed with the names of the 2012-13 champion Blackhawks. Beginning with captain Jonathan Toews, 25 players were stamped into the silver chalice by Montreal-based engraver Louise St. Jacques. The playing roster was preceded by the names of 27 coaches, front office executives and hockey operations personnel. Included in the final list of 52 names were:
- Brandon Bollig: 25 games, five playoff appearances (the minimum requirement for the shortened season was 23 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final appearance)
- Sheldon Brookbank: 27 regular-season games, one playoff appearance
- Daniel Carcillo: 23 games, four playoff appearances
- Ben Smith: one regular-season game, one playoff appearance (Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Final)
- Jamal Mayers: 19 regular-season games, no playoff appearances. Players and management petitioned for the 38-year-old to be included on the Cup due to his status as a veteran team leader.