Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Patrick Kane opened the season with a four-game point streak for the second consecutive year.
Kane’s team-leading seven points (2G, 5A) in four games ties his longest season-opening streak, a four-game run to kick off the 2011-12 campaign (2G, 4A). Kane sits tied for third in league point scoring.
2. With his assist on Thursday night, Nick Leddy extended his point streak to four games.
The blueliner’s four assists in as many games equals his four-game point streak (4A) from Jan. 14-20 in the 2011-12 season.
3. The last time Marian Hossa had a start as productive as this seasons he recorded a 100-point season with Atlanta in 2006-07.
With six points (5G, 1A) in four games, Hossa is just short of his best start in the league, when he tallied 7 points (4G, 3A) in four games.
4. Jonathan Toews leads the NHL with 43 faceoff wins on the road.
A traditionally strong faceoff performer, Toews has distanced himself from the pack with the next-highest road faceoff leader 14 wins behind (Giroux, 29 FOW).
5. Chicago’s 4-0-0 start to the season currently sets them in first place in the NHL with eight points.
The Blackhawks are off to their best start since the team began the 1971-72 campaign with a 5-0-0 record. Chicago also leads the league in goals (17) and road goals (14).
|Back to top ↑|