Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. In five road contests this season, Patrick Kane shares the league lead with nine points (1G, 8A) away from the United Center.
The 24-year-old forward has registered a team-best four power-play points. Kane began the season with points in five consecutive games (2G, 7A), setting a new career best for points in consecutive games to start a season.
2. Johnny Oduya shares fourth in the NHL with a team-best +7 plus/minus rating.
The blueliner also shares third in the league with a +5 road rating in as many games, along with teammates Toews and Niklas Hjalmarsson.
3. Nick Leddy currently leads all team defensemen with five points (1G, 4A) through seven games.
The Eden Prairie, Minn., native began the season with points in four straight games (4A), before netting his first goal of the season on Sunday, the overtime game-winner against Detroit.
4. Jonathan Toews shared a game-high 13 faceoff wins Wednesday, which now puts him second in the league with 91 wins in the circle (91 of 150, or 60.7 percent).
He also shares fifth in the NHL with seven takeaways this season.
5. Brent Seabrook shares second among league blueliners with 21 blocked shots.
The Richmond, British Columbia, native currently ranks second on the Blackhawks with an average time on ice of 23:52 per game.
|Back to top ↑|