1. Nick Leddy’s second-period equalizer on Feb. 12 against the Anaheim Ducks was the first power-play goal of his career.
The Eden Prairie, Minn., native ranks fourth on the club with 43:19 of power-play time on ice. Leddy (2G, 1A) is also tied with captain Jonathan Toews (3A) for the team lead with three points at the United Center this season.
2. The Blackhawks have opened the 2012-13 season with points in a franchise-record 13 consecutive games.
The streak is tied for the fourth longest season-opening point streak in NHL history (ANA 2006-07, 16 points; EDM 1984-85, 15 points; MTL 1943-44, 14 points; MTL 1972-73 and PIT 1994-95, 13 points).
3. Patrick Kane leads the Blackhawks and ranks second in the NHL with 20 points (9G, 11A) through 13 games this season.
Kane has earned 11 points in seven straight games (7G, 4A). Since entering the league in 2007-08, Kane ranks 12th among all active NHL players in points (389) and is 10th in assists (254).
4. The Blackhawks have recorded a league-high 121 takeaways so far this season.
Toews leads the team with 15 takeaways this year and ranks fifth among all active NHLers. The Blackhawks recorded a season-high 31 takeaways on Feb. 12 against Anaheim.
5. The Blackhawks are responsible for half of San Jose’s goals allowed in the first period of play.
The Sharks currently sit tied for third in the league with the fewest amount of goals scored against in the first period of play (6), but half of those goals were scored by the Blackhawks. On Feb. 5, the Blackhawks put away three goals a span of 89 seconds.
|Back to top ↑|