Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Captain Jonathan Toews recorded his 200th career assist on Thursday against St. Louis.
Toews earned a helper on rookie Brandon Saad’s eighth goal of the season in the second period. With the Blackhawks down 1-0, Toews evened things up with his 18th goal of the season. The center has seven goals in his last nine games and has points in three straight games (2G, 4A).
2. Chicago’s nine overtime/shootout wins are a league high.
Chicago owns a 9-4 record in games that extend past regulation, including a 4-0 mark in overtime and a 5-4 shootout mark.
3. Patrick Kane picked up his team-leading 44th point (19G, 25A) with an assist on Toews' second-period goal.
The Buffalo, N.Y., native has points in ten of the last 11 games, posting 17 points (7G, 10A) during that span.
4. After Thursday night's game, Brandon Saad is tied for third among league rookies with 21 points (8G, 13A) this season.
The rookie now has points in 13 of his last 17 games (5G, 18A). His +13 plus/minus ratings ranks second among NHL first-years and paces freshmen forwards.
5. In his Blackhawks debut, Michal Handzus went 10-for-14 at the dot.
Handzus earned a +1 rating and recorded 12:50 of ice time.
|Back to top ↑|