Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. Patrick Sharp shares the league lead in postseason goals (P. Dupuis, PIT).
His empty-net goal was his ninth point in five consecutive games. Sharp leads the team with nine playoff points, six of which are goals.
2. The Blackhawks' penalty kill finished off all three penalties in Game 1 to go 20-for-20 in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs so far.
The Blackhawks remain the only team in the league to have not allowed a power-play goal. The top forward pairing of Marcus Kruger and Michael Frolik have averaged more than 3 minutes per game on the penalty kill so far this postseason.
3. Marian Hossa extended his point streak to four games (4G, 3A) with one goal on Wednesday.
It was his fourth goal of the postseason and 40th career playoff goal, 10th best among active NHL players. Hossa ranks sixth among active players with 136 career games of Stanley Cup playoff action.
4. Kruger’s goal on Wednesday was his third point in back-to-back games (2G, 1A).
Kruger netted the Blackhawks' third goal in Game 1 of the Western Conference Semifinals.
5. Jonathan Toews’ faceoff percentage of 62.0 is good for fourth in the NHL.
The Frank J. Selke Trophy finalist’s 51 faceoff wins at home rank second among NHL centers.
|Back to top ↑|