Each week, the Blackhawks Blog will give you five stats you need to know about the Blackhawks this season.
1. With his second overtime goal of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, Brent Seabrook became the fifth blueliner in NHL history to record two overtime goals in one playoff year.
The British Columbia native joins defensemen Leo Reise, Jr. (DET, 1950), Chris Chelios (CHI, 1995), Niclas Wallin (CAR, 2002) and Scott Niedermayer (ANA, 2007) as a two-time playoff overtime game-winning scorer.
2. Michal Handzus’ shorthanded goal was the first of his career in 95 postseason games.
His first-period tally opened the scoring for Chicago at 6:48 of the first period, ending Boston’s shutout streak at 129:14. Handzus has 11 points (3G, 8A) in 21 contests in the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
3. Duncan Keith led all players with 32:37 in ice time in Game 4 and has logged at least 30 minutes in four of his past five games.
On June 18 Keith posted an assist and recorded a +3 plus/minus rating. In his past five outings, Keith has averaged 36:00 in ice time.
4. Game 4 on June 19 was the 27th game of the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs to be decided in overtime (of 84 games played), the second-highest total for one playoff season.
The record of 28 overtime games was set in 1993 (with 85 games played).
5. In Game 4, 13 Blackhawks recorded at least one point, with three players having multi-point outings.
|Back to top ↑|