- Was selected ninth overall by Belleville in 2006 - is the only Ottawa-area player drafted in the first round by an OHL team since 2002 and one of only 13 locals dating back to 1997.
- Represented Team Canada at the Under-18 2007 Memorial of Ivan Hlinka Tournament held in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- Played for the Cumberland Barons Minor Midget AA team in 2005-06 -- he totaled 18 goals and 36 assists for 54 points in 60 games.
- He played minor hockey for the Cumberland Barons for 10 years after getting his start in hockey on the outdoor, backyard rink his dad built.
- His nickname is "Lalsy" and he wears jersey number nine because he was drafted ninth overall in the OHL.
- Having a pre-game tea and yogurt from Tim Horton's is part of his pre-game ritual which starts first thing in the morning.
- Patterns his game after Detroit's Nicklas Lidstrom he has great offensive skills, yet is still a very strong defenseman and he is a complete player.
- Credits his dad for having the most influence on his career he is always giving me advice on what I can improve on and he always tries to lead me in the right direction.
- His most memorable hockey moment was being named to Team Canada for the Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament, it was a memorable moment, as every kid dreams of representing his country along with a lot of other great hockey players.
- If he had the chance to have dinner with any three people he would choose: Nicklas Lidstrom and former NHLer Pavel Bure, they are both my idols and have had amazing careers, and Jerry Bruckheimer, he is a very smart and interesting man.
- The one thing he couldn't live without is his hockey stick and the most embarrassing song on his iPod is Candyman by Aqua.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens
NHL Player: Nicklas Lidstrom
Shootout move: "Fake shot, leg kick, backhand, forehand, shoot"
Goal celebration: "Hard fist pump"
Practice Drill: One-on-one battle drills
Video Game: NHL 08
TV Show: CBC's Hockey Night in Canada
Actor: Martin Lawrence
Book: Shooting from the Lip
Pump-up song: Cold by Crossfade
Food to cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Volleyball
Toy growing up: Teddy bear
Place to shop: Mexx and Lacoste
Place to visit: Sandbanks Provincial Park