This Week In Hawks History: Jan. 5 - 12
Friday, 01.9.2009 / 4:12 PM CT / Features
By Harvey Wittenberg - Web Contributor
- On January 7, 1987, Al Secord set a team record for the fastest four goals by a Hawks player (8:24) at the Stadium in a 6-4 win over Toronto. In the same contest, Chicago-area native Mark LaVarre tied a team mark with four assists in a period by a rookie.
- On the same date in 2003, goalie Mike Leighton registered the first of three Blackhawks shutouts in the last 0-0 tie in team history at the United Center against Phoenix.
- On January 9, 1936, John Gottselig became the third Hawk to tally four goals in a game as he lit the lamp against the New York Americans.
- On that date in 1974, Pit Martin registered his fifth and final hat trick in a Chicago Blackhawks uniform against Los Angeles at the Stadium.
- On January 10, 1991, the Hawks tied a team record for five power play goals in a game while defeating Toronto at the Stadium 7-2.
- Denis Savard set a Hawks mark for the fastest goal to start a period when he scored four seconds into the 3rd period against Hartford on January 12, 1986.