This Week In Hawks History: October 10-17
Thursday, 10.8.2009 / 10:33 AM CT / Features
By Harvey Wittenberg - Web Contributor
Some memorable dates this week in Blackhawks history:
- Jonathan Toews scores his 1st NHL goal on his 1st shot against San Jose October 10, 2007 at the UC.
- On October 12, 2000, Blackhawks unveil the Badge of Honor Statue on Madison across from the UC, honoring the 75th Anniversary Blackhawk team.
- On the same date in 1988, Denis Savard ties a team mark with 2 shorthanded goals in a 10-1 rout of Winnipeg at the Stadium.
- On October13, 1991, on, Jeremy Roenick and Mike Hudson scored the quickest 2 shorthanded goals in team history (12 seconds apart) in a 7-3 victory over San Jose at the Stadium.
- Chris Chelios set a team record when he picked up 37 penalty minutes in the 3rd period against Hartford(now Carolina). The Hawk captain was assessed a minor, major, 10-minute misconduct and 2 game misconducts on October 14, 1993.
- Last year on October 15, 2008 at the UC, Colin Fraser scored his 1st NHL goal and defenseman Brian Campbell added his 1st score in a Hawk Uniform as Chicago whipped Phoenix 4-1. A bunch of Chicago marks for the fastest goals by both teams were set on the same date in 1983 at Toronto. They were fastest 3, (:38),4(:53) and 5(1:24) as the Leafs outlasted te Hawks 10-8.