This Week In Hawks History: Oct. 18-25
Wednesday, 10.21.2009 / 10:15 AM CT / Features
By Harvey Wittenberg - Web Contributor
Some memorable dates this week in Blackhawks history:
- On October 18, 1981, Darryl Sutter tied a team mark with two shorthanded goals as the Hawks edged Edmonton and Wayne Gretzky at the Stadium 7-5.
- Goalie Cristobal Huet registered his first victory in the Hawks nets with a 4-2 decision over Vancouver last year on October 19, 2008 at the UC.
- Also on this date in 1980, the Blackhawks retired its 1st jersey in team history by hoisting Stan Mikita's #21 to the rafters at the Chicago Stadium.
- The Blackhawks played their 5,000th NHL regular season match in St.Louis on Oct 21, 2000, but the Blues came out on top 1-0.
- Hawks defenseman Duncan Keith scored his 1st NHL goal on October 23, 2005 during a 4-2 triumph over Minnesota at the UC.