This Week In Hawks History: October 2-9
Wednesday, 09.30.2009 / 11:00 PM CT / Features
By Harvey Wittenberg - Web Contributor
Some memorable dates this week in Blackhawks history:
- This season's NHL opener in Finland on October 1, 2009 against Florida equals the earliest season starter for the Blackhawks since 1997 when they opened the campaign in Phoenix with a 6-2 loss.
- The Blackhawks hosted Florida's 1st regular season NHL game on October 6, 1993 at the Chicago Stadium as the 2 teams battled to a 4-4 tie.
- The Blackhawks set a team record for an unbeaten road streak without a loss to start a season by going 3-0-2 from October 5 thru 29 in 1996.
- Hawk defenseman Brent Seabrook tied a team mark for points in a game(4) by a rookie when he picked up 4 assists on October 7, 2005 in a 6-3 victory over San Jose at the United Center.
- Chicago Hall of Fame goalie Glenn Hall made his Blackhawk debut on October 8, 1957 against Toronto at the Stadium by blanking the Maple Leafs 1-0. Hall went on to register 50 more whitewashes in a Hawk uniform- 2nd only to Tony Esposito's 74.