Rockford Rewind: Potulny comes up big for IceHogs
|Ryan Potulny had a big week for the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate.|
Tue., Nov. 9: Peoria Rivermen 1 vs. IceHogs 4:
- Rockford ended a two-game losing streak with a 4-1 win over Peoria.
- Ryan Potulny led the way with a goal and two assists for Rockford.
- Kyle Beach also chipped in a goal and an assist in the win.
Fri., Nov. 11: IceHogs 0 at San Antonio Rampage 1:
- Alec Richards turned away a career-high 37 shots on goal.
- The 1-0 loss was the first for Rockford during its AHL era.
Sat., Nov. 12: IceHogs 2 at San Antonio Rampage 3:
- The IceHogs comeback came up short on Saturday in San Antonio.
- Nick Leddy had a goal and an assist.
- Brian Connelly added two assists for Rockford.
- Rockford has dropped their first two games in a five-game road swing that continues on Thursday in Manitoba against the Moose.
- Ryan Potulny accumulated Rockford’s second three-point game this season when he notched a goal and two assists against Peoria last Tuesday.
- Brian Connelly also had three points (3a) on Oct. 23 against Chicago. With his two assists on Friday, Connelly now leads Rockford with 11 points, all helpers.
- The IceHogs had a team season-high 38 shots on goal on Friday in their 3-2 loss at San Antonio.
- That is the most shots Rockford has had since they accumulated 37 shots at San Antonio on April 10 and 36 shots at San Antonio on March 6.
- Kyle Hagel is second in the AHL with eight major penalties.
- After starting the season killing off just four of their first 12 penalties (33.3%) Rockford has killed off 54 of their last 62 (90.3%).
- Overall the IceHogs penalty kill has climbed to 19th in the AHL at 81.1%.
- Rockford’s 1-0 loss at San Antonio on Thursday marked the first time in the team’s AHL era that they lost by that score.
- The IceHogs have racked up 30 or more shots on goal in four straight games, the first time that they’ve done that since a five-game stretch from 11/18/09-11/27/09.
Center Ryan Potulny turned in the IceHogs second three-point game of the 2010-11 season during Week 6 and led the Hogs with four overall points. Potulny had a goal and two assists in Wednesday’s 4-1 win over Peoria and was named the game’s #1 Star. Potulny also chipped in an assist in Rockford’s 3-2 loss at San Antonio on Friday. Overall, Potulny ranks second on the IceHogs with 10 points this season.
A Look Ahead To Week 7:
Thursday, Nov. 18 at Manitoba Moose, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 19 at Manitoba Moose, 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 21 at Peoria Rivermen, 3:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
- Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com
- Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com
- For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com