The Rockford Rewind: Connelly continues to rack up points
Thu., Dec. 2: IceHogs 3 at Houston Aeros 4 SO:
- Defenseman Brian Connelly notched his first career multi-goal game
- Ryan Potulny also potted a goal in the shootout loss
- Brandon Pirri was stopped in the shootout for the first time this season in five attempts
Fri., Dec. 3: IceHogs 2 at Houston Aeros 1:
- Goalie Alec Richards turned away 38 shots to earn his sixth win of the season
- Ivan Vishnevskiy and Ryan Potulny scored second period goals in the win
- Rockford is now 6-6-0-2 on the road
- Rockford’s 1-0-0-1 record in Week 9 marked the first winning week for the team since Week 2 (2-0-0-0)
- Defenseman Brian Connelly notched his first career multi-goal game on Thursday in Houston
- Connelly continues to pace Rockford in scoring with 16 points and assists with 13
- It was also Rockford’s first multi-goal game this season
- Rockford opens a season-high seven-game homestand on Wednesday
- Overall, the IceHogs will play 15 of their next 19 at the Rockford MetroCentre
- The IceHogs are 4-5-0-2 when trailing after the first period this season
- Rockford has scored two or fewer goals in 14 of their 23 games this season
- 16 of Rockford’s 24 games have been decided by one or two goals
- The IceHogs have allowed 39 or more shots in three of their last four games
- Rockford is 2-1-0-1 during that four game stretch
Ryan Potulny Center
Rockford center Ryan Potulny notched a goal in both of Rockford’s games during Week 9 in Houston. Both of Potulny’s goals gave Rockford second period leads last week and the centerman’s tally on Friday proved to be the eventual game-winner in a 2-1 win over the Aeros. Through nine weeks, Potulny leads Rockford with six goals, two game-winning goals and with a plus/minus rating of +3.
A Look Ahead To Week 7:
Wed., Dec. 8 vs. Texas, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., Dec. 10 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Sat., Dec. 11 vs. Oklahoma City, 7:05 p.m.