The Rockford Rewind: IceHogs' offense breaks out
Wed., Dec. 9: Texas Stars 5 vs. IceHogs 8:
- Rockford set a season high and matched team records with eight goals scores and five second period tallies
- Shawn Lalonde accumulated his first career three-point game
- Kyle Hagel, Peter LeBlanc and Mathis Olimb all chipped in their first career AHL goal
- Garnet Exelby recorded his first two assists of the season
Fri., Dec. 11: Milwaukee Admirals 4 vs. IceHogs 3 SO:
- Kyle Beach, Mathis Olimb and Igor Makarov all scored for Rockford
- Both of Rockford’s games against Milwaukee this season have been decided in a shootout with the road team tying the game in the last 90-seconds and winning in the shootout
- Brandon Pirri (4-5) and Beach (3-4) were stopped in the shootout for the first time this season
Sat., Dec. 11: Oklahoma City Barons 6 vs. IceHogs 5 (OT)
- Rockford battled back from 4-1 and 5-2 deficits to earn a point in their first ever meeting with Oklahoma City
- Mathis Olimb scored a goal in his third straight game
- Jeff Taffe extended his team season-high point streak and assist streak to five games
- The overtime loss was the first in the extra session for Rockford this season
- Rockford scored 16 goals in their three games in Week 10 after scoring 16 total goals in their previous 10 games
- The 16 goals over the three-game stretch is the most since Rockford scored 18 goals from 11/9/07-11/11/07
- The IceHogs have earned a standings point in a season-high five-straight games (2-0-1-2) dating back to Dec. 2
- Center Jeff Taffe is riding a team season-high five-game point and assist streak accumulating 3g-6a during his hot stretch
- After being held without a point in his first four games this season, winger Mathis Olimb has a point in his last four games (3g-3a) and a goal in each of his past three games (3a)
- Shawn Lalonde turned in his first two career three-point games, notching a goal and two assists on Wednesday and Saturday
- Kyle Hagel scored his first career goal on Wednesday against Texas in the second period and then notched his second goal in the same frame
- Five of the IceHogs last nine games have gone to overtime or shootout
- Rockford is 1-0-1-1 three games into their season-high seven-game homestand
- Alec Richards faced Rockford’s first penalty shot of the season on Saturday and denied Oklahoma City’s Alexandre Giroux’s attempt in overtime
- The penalty shot marked the first time Rockford faced one in overtime in franchise history
- It was the eighth penalty shot faced all-time for Rockford and the goalies have stopped six of them
Shawn Lalonde Defenseman
Rookie defenseman Shawn Lalonde turned in his first two career three-point games during Week 10 of the AHL regular season. Lalonde helped jump start Rockford’s offense on Wednesday when he chipped in a goal and two assists in the IceHogs 8-5 win against the Texas Stars. Then on Saturday, the first-year defenseman had another three point night, including a goal and two assists, in Rockford’s 6-5 overtime loss to Oklahoma City. Lalonde now has 3g-11a on the season.
A Look Ahead To Week 7:
Wednesday, Dec. 15 vs. Chicago, 6:35 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 17 vs. Chicago, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 18 vs. Lake Erie, 7:05 p.m.