The Rockford Rewind: Hogs end season-long homestand
Sun., Dec. 26: Milwaukee Admirals 2 vs. IceHogs 1:
- Defenseman Shawn Lalonde fired in Rockford’s lone goal, his fourth of the season.
- Alec Richards made 28 saves on 30 shots but was tagged with a loss.
- Before Sunday night’s contest, the Hogs were 3-0-0-0 when only giving up two goals.
- Rockford finished their season-long seven-game homestand with a record of 3-2-1-1.
- The IceHogs will play three of their next four contests on the road and then return home to play seven of their next eight games at the MetroCentre.
- Rookie winger Peter LeBlanc had his team season-high four-game goal scoring streak come to an end on Sunday against Milwaukee.
- Winger Rob Klinkhammer has points in three straight games (1g-2a) and five of six overall (1g-4a) since his first career NHL recall on Dec. 8 .
- Rockford allowed two power-play goals in a game on Sunday for the first time since Nov. 7 and for just the second time since the team’s third game of the season on Oct. 12.
- Rockford will play their first four-game week of the 2010-11 season during Week 13.
- The IceHogs have scored a league-low 18 first period goals.
- All three games in the Rockford-Milwaukee season series has been decided by one-goal so far this season.
- Rockford is 9-4-1-4 in one-goal games in 2010-11.
- The IceHogs are 3-9 in games decided by more than one goal.
- Rockford will play 11 of their next 13 games against the West Division.
Shawn Lalonde Defenseman
Rockford rookie defenseman Shawn Lalonde tallied Rockford’s lone goal on Sunday in their 2-1 loss to the Milwaukee Admirals at the Rockford MetroCentre. Lalonde now has four goals on the season, most among all IceHogs d-men. He also has 15 overall points, fourth most on the club and second most for all Rockford blueliners.
A Look Ahead To Week 13:
Tuesday, Dec. 28 at Milwaukee, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 30 vs. Houston, 6:35 p.m
Saturday, Jan. 1 at Oklahoma City, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Jan. 2 at Oklahoma City, 3:05 p.m.