The Rockford Rewind: Toivonen hot for Hogs
Tuesday, Dec. 28: IceHogs 4 at Milwaukee Admirals 1:
- Rockford knocked off Milwaukee for the second time this season on the road.
- Mathis Olimb turned in his first career two-goal night.
- Hannu Toivonen made 22 saves in the win.
Thursday, Dec. 30: Houston Aeros 1 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Hannu Toivonen picked up his third straight win, making 29 saves.
- Rockford score three third-period goals to earn their fourth win of the season when trailing after two periods.
- Kyle Hagel recorded a “Gordie Howe Hat-Trick” (goal, assist and fight) in the win.
Saturday, Jan. 1: IceHogs 1 at Oklahoma City Barons 2:
- Evan Brophey notched Rockford’s lone goal.
- Hannu Toivonen was saddled with the loss despite making 24 saves.
- Rockford lost their first game in regulation this season when leading after two periods.
Sunday, Jan. 2: IceHogs 6 at Oklahoma City Barons 5:
- Peter LeBlanc led the offense with a goal and two assists, including the game-winning tally.
- 12 different IceHogs skaters recorded a point .
- Evan Brophey, Kyle Beach, Ivan Vishnevskiy and Rob Klinkhammer all had multi-point games.
- Rockford finished their first four-game week of the 2010-11 regular season with a 3-1-0-0 record.
- The IceHogs have played 23 games against the West Division and 14 of them have been decided by one-goal and Rockford’s record is 5-4-1-4 in those games.
- Winger Rob Klinkhammer has recorded a +1 plus/minus rating in seven straight games. During that stretch, Klinkhammer has 2g-5a-7pts.
- Center Jeff Taffe has been even or plus in 18 straight games dating back to Nov. 7 and is +6 during that stretch.
- Peter LeBlanc turned in his first career three-point game on Sunday in Rockford’s 6-5 win at Oklahoma City.
- Since getting recalled from Toledo on Dec. 6, LeBlanc has 6g-4a-10pts in 11 games with two game-winning goals.
- Hannu Toivonen is 3-1-0-0 with a 1.19 goals against average and a .956 save percentage over his past five appearance dating back to Dec. 15.
- Rockford will play seven of their next eight games at home.
- Rockford’s 2-1 loss on Saturday in Oklahoma City marked the first time this season the IceHogs didn’t earn a point when leading after two periods (10-1-0-2).
- Rockford is 10-2-0-2 in games following a regulation loss in 2010-11.
Hannu Toivonen picked up two wins during Week 13 for the Rockford IceHogs, helping lead the club to a 3-1-0-0 record during their first four-game week of the season. Toivonen opened the week with a 22 save performance as Rockford knocked off Milwaukee 4-1 on Tuesday. On Thursday, Toivonen allowed just one-more goal in Rockford’s 3-1 win over the Houston Aeros in Rockford. Then, Toivonen was on the losing end of a 2-1 IceHogs loss in Oklahoma City on Saturday despite making 24 saves.
A Look Ahead To Week 14:
Friday, Jan. 7 vs. Toronto Marlies, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 8 vs. Grand Rapids Griffins, 7:05 p.m.