The Rockford Rewind: Brophey reaches career milestone
Fri., Jan. 7: Toronto Marlies 5 vs. IceHogs 1:
- The IceHogs couldn’t overcome three early first-period goals by Toronto.
- Igor Makarov scored Rockford’s lone goal, his first career short-handed marker.
- The loss was the first ever against the Marlies for Rockford in seven games.
Sat., Jan. 8: Grand Rapids Griffins 0 vs. IceHogs 6:
- Ivan Vishnevskiy scored two first period goals to lead Rockford to a 6-0 win.
- Four of the six goals scored by Rockford were netted by defensemen.
- Alec Richards earned his second shutout of the season making 22 saves.
- Rookie goalie Alec Richards earned his second career AHL shutout on Saturday night, making 22 saves in Rockford’s 6-0 win over Grand Rapids.
- The shutout marks the third of the season overall for Rockford.
- Rookie winger Ben Smith turned in his first career three-point game on Saturday, marking three assists against Grand Rapids.
- Rockford had a single-game season-high +25 plus/minus rating on Saturday.
- Since returning to the ice after Christmas break on Dec. 26, Rockford has improved their team plus/minus rating from -89 to -29, a +60 improvement in seven games.
- The IceHogs have played a league-low 36 games this season and have at least two-games at-hand on every team in the West Division.
- Rockford drew their fourth crowd of over 5,000 of the season on Saturday and the team’s attendance is up 16.4% compared to 2009-10.
- The IceHogs didn’t draw their first crowd of over 5,000 in 2009-10 until their 22nd home game.
- Winger Evan Brophey notched his 100th career point with Rockford on Saturday night when he chipped in two assists.
- Brophey becomes the third player in Rockford’s AHL era to hit the century mark in points, joining Jack Skille (128) and Petri Kontiola (121), and 13th player in franchise history to notch 100 career points.
- Rockford’s 6-0 win over Grand Rapids on Saturday moved their unbeaten streak to 11 straight against the Griffins (10-0-0-1).
- The IceHogs have averaged 3.33 goals per contest over their past 15 games dating back to Dec. 1 and have a record of 8-4-1-2 (.633).
- During that stretch, Rockford’s goals per game average has jumped from 2.29 (28th) to 2.72 (20th).
Rookie goaltender Alec Richards turned in his second shutout of the season during week 14 for the IceHogs and played solid in a relief stint on Friday. Richards made 22 saves on Saturday in leading Rockford to a 6-0 win over Grand Rapids. On Friday night, Richards entered the game in the first period and allowed two goals in 26 shots faced.
A Look Ahead To Week 14:
Wednesday, Jan. 12, vs. Houston, at 6:35 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 14, vs. Texas, at 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 15, at Chicago, at 7 p.m.