The Rockford Rewind: Beach ends six-game point streak
Monday, Jan. 17: San Antonio Rampage 1 vs. IceHogs 2
- Kyle Beach extended his career-long point streak to five-straight games with an assist.
- Evan Brophey and Hugh Jessiman tallied third period goals for Rockford.
- Hannu Toivonen made 24 saves to earn his third straight win.
Friday, Jan. 21: Oklahoma City Barons 4 vs. IceHogs 3
- The IceHogs couldn’t overcome two, two-goal deficits against Oklahoma City.
- Jeff Taffe, Igor Makarov and Peter LeBlanc notched goals in the loss.
- Kyle Beach extended his point streak to six-straight games with an assist.
Saturday, Jan. 22: San Antonio Rampage 4 vs. IceHogs 1:
- Rockford lost back-to-back games for just the third time this season.
- Jeff Taffe scored Rockford’s lone goal, his team-leading 12th of the season.
- The IceHogs their second sellout of the season, a season high 6,267 fans.
- Rockford finished a stretch of 15 of 19 games on home ice on Saturday and had a home record of 7-6-1-1 during the home binge.
- Rookie winger Kyle Beach had his career-best six-game point streak come to an end on Saturday after compiling 3g-4a during his hot stretch.
- Hugh Jessiman scored his 100th career goal on Monday against San Antonio.
- A sellout crowd of 6,267 on Saturday was Rockford’s largest crowd of the season and the IceHogs second sellout of 2010-11.
- The crowd was the fourth largest during Rockford’s AHL era.
- The IceHogs have played 13-straight games that finished in regulation, the longest such streak of the season.
- Rockford had played 10 overtime/shootout contests in their first 28 tilts in 2010-11.
- The IceHogs have gone six-straight games without having a player record a multi-point contest.
- Rockford has outshot its opponent in 26 of their 41 games this season but have a record of just 12-11-1-2 in those contests.
- The IceHogs have outshot the opponent overall in all three periods this season but have been outscored in all three stanzas.
- The IceHogs have outshot their opposition in nine of their last 10 games.
Winger Jeff Taffe tallied goals in back-to-back games for the IceHogs during Week 16 and now leads the IceHogs with 26 points and 12 goals. The veteran forward notched a power-play goal on Friday night in Rockford’s 4-3 loss to the Oklahoma City Barons and then scored his team-leading 12th goal of the campaign on Saturday in Rockford’s 4-1 loss to the San Antonio Rampage.
A Look Ahead To Week 17:
Tuesday, Jan. 25 at Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, Jan. 28 at Grand Rapids, 6 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 29 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Catch The IceHogs In Action:
- Listen To The IceHogs on-line at www.wnta.com or on www.icehogs.com.
- Watch on-line through www.ahllive.com.
- For tickets call (815) 968-5222 or visit www.metrocentre.com.