The Rockford Rewind: IceHogs split decisions after All-Star break
Friday, Feb. 4: IceHogs 2 at Milwaukee Admirals 4:
- Rockford returned from the All-Star Break and dropped a 4-2 contest in Milwaukee.
- Wade Brookbank and Jeff Taffe scored for Rockford in the loss.
- The game marked the first time in six contests that the home team won in the Rockford-Milwaukee season series this year.
Saturday, Feb. 5: Abbotsford Heat 2 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Kyle Beach’s late third period power-play goal helped end Rockford’s six-game winless streak (0-5-1-0).
- Ryan Potulny and Kyle Hagel also scored for the IceHogs.
- Alec Richards backstopped Rockford to the win with 27 saves as the IceHogs took the season series against Abbotsford 3-1-0-0.
- Rockford ended a season-low six-game winless (0-5-1-0) streak on Saturday with a 3-2 win over Abbotsford.
- Forward Jeff Taffe has a four-game point streak (2g-3a) and has collected points in six of the IceHogs last seven games (4g-3a).
- The IceHogs have been outshot just three times in their last 17 games but have won all three of those contests.
- Rockford earned their fifth victory this season on Saturday when trailing entering the third period (5-14-2-0).
- Rockford was 4-24-2-0 last season when trailing after the second period.
- Andy Bohmbach made his AHL debut on Saturday and chipped in an assist in his first AHL game.
- The IceHogs will play their first three games in three nights of the 2010-11 season during Week 19.
- Defenseman Brian Connelly has assists in four of his last five games, totaling five helpers during that stretch.
- Connelly leads Rockford and ranks fourth among all AHL defenseman with 26 assists on the season.
- The IceHogs drew 5,000 or more fans in three-straight games for the first time in the team’s 12 seasons in Rockford.
- Of the three games, two of them were sellouts that featured over 6,000 fans.
- Rockford’s attendance is 10.3% ahead of last season’s attendance through 26 home games.
Veteran forward Jeff Taffe extended his point streak to four-straight games with points in both of Rockford’s contests during Week 18. Taffe notched a goal on Friday night in Rockford’s 4-2 loss at Milwaukee and now leads the IceHogs with 14 markers on the season. Then on Saturday Taffe helped end Rockford’s six-game winless streak, chipping in two assists in the Hogs 3-2 come-from-behind win over the Abbotsford Heat.
A Look Ahead To Week 19:
Wednesday, Feb. 9 vs. Houston, 6:35 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 11 at Texas, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 12 at Texas, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 13 at Milwaukee, 5 p.m.