The Rockford Rewind: Taffe continues season-long points streak
Wed., Feb. 16: Peoria Rivermen 1 vs. IceHogs 2:
- Rockford slipped past Peoria behind goals from Jeff Taffe and Evan Brophey.
- Alec Richards made 34 saves and lost his shutout with 3.3-seconds left in regulation.
- The win was Rockford’s second in seven games against Peoria on the season.
Fri., Feb. 18: Chicago Wolves 4 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Rockford couldn’t dig themselves out of a 4-1 hole against the Wolves.
- The IceHogs received a pair of goals from Ryan Potulny and a marker from Kyle Beach.
- The power play went 3-4 in the loss.
Sat., Feb. 19: Houston Aeros 5 vs. IceHogs 3:
- For the second straight game, Rockford’s comeback came up short, down 5-1 against Houston.
- Rookies Kyle Beach and Brandon Pirri notched goals.
- Ryan Potulny scored his team-leading 10th power play goal.
- Jeff Taffe extended his team season-high point streak to 10 games with a pair of assists.
- Forward Jeff Taffe is riding an IceHogs team season-high 10-game point streak entering Week 21, accumulating 5g-10a-15pts during his streak.
- The combination of Taffe, Ryan Potulny and Kyle Beach have combined to score 81.8% (9 of 11) of Rockford’s goals over the teams past five games.
- Over the past 11 tilts, the trio has accrued 61.5% (16 of 26) of the IceHogs goals.
- Potulny shows points in nine of his last 11 contests, totaling 7g-6a-13pts.
- Beach has notched seven points in his last seven games, chipping in 4g-3a .
- Rockford had their fourth sellout of the 2010-11 season on Saturday night and the team is averaging 5,115 fans over their past seven home games dating back to Jan. 22.
- Monday’s game is the first of five games during Week 21 for the IceHogs, the busiest week of the 2010-11 regular season.
- After Monday’s game against Peoria, the IceHogs will play nine of their next 10 games away from home running through March 11.
- Defenseman Brian Connelly matched an IceHogs season-low with a -4 in Rockford’s 5-3 loss to Houston on Saturday.
- Winger Kyle Hagel has moved into second place on Rockford’s career AHL penalty minutes list with 204 PIMs.
For the third straight week, winger Jeff Taffe is Rockford’s Player of the Week nomination. The veteran forward chipped in points in all three games during Week 20, extending his team season-high point streak to 10 straight games. He also figured in on 75.0% of Rockford’s goals in Week 20. Taffe began the week with a goal against Peoria on Wednesday in Rockford’s 2-1 win over the Rivermen. Then on Friday, Taffe helped on all three of Rockford’s goals in a 4-3 loss against Chicago. Taffe completed Week 20 with two assists in a 5-3 loss against Houston.
A Look Ahead To Week 20:
Monday, Feb. 21 vs. Peoria, 2:05 p.m.
Wednesday, Feb. 23 at Chicago, 7 p.m.
Friday, Feb. 25 at Peoria, 7:05 p.m.
Saturday, Feb. 26 vs. Milwaukee, 7:05 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 27 vs. Houston, 5 p.m.