The Rockford Rewind: Taffe continues scoring streak
Mon., Feb. 21: Peoria Rivermen 6 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Rockford couldn’t contain Graham Mink as he scored four goals to give Peoria a 6-3 win.
- The IceHogs received goals from Brian Connelly, Peter LeBlanc and Jeff Taffe.
Wed., Feb. 23: Chicago Wolves 4 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Defenseman Ryan Stanton recorded his first professional goal and third multi-point game of the season.
- Defenseman Garnet Exelby notched his first goal of the campaign.
Fri., Feb. 25: Peoria Rivermen 2 vs. IceHogs 4:
- Forward Ryan Potulny scored his team-leading 11th power play goal.
- Center Jeff Taffe tallied his first multi-goal (2g) and team-high 10th multi-point game of the season.
Sat., Feb. 26: Milwaukee Admirals 3 vs. IceHogs 4 (OT):
- Jeff Taffe notched his 400th professional point with an assist on Rockford’s third goal.
- Winger Rob Klinkhammer recorded his first multi-goal (2g) game of the season.
- Defenseman Shawn Lalonde chipped in with a pair of helpers.
- Winger Ben Smith tipped in the game-winning tally in overtime.
Sun., Feb. 27: Houston Aeros 2 vs. IceHogs 3:
- Left Wing Rob Klinkhammer buried his 11th goal of the season and now has a goal in three straight contests.
- Veteran center Jeff Taffe extended his point streak to an AHL best and IceHogs season-long 15 games with a goal.
- Hannu Toivonen turned away 36-of-38 shots to earn his 11th win of the season.
- Jeff Taffe tied an IceHogs franchise record with a point in his 15-straight game on Sunday. During his streak he has 10g-12a-22pts.
- He matched Martin St. Pierre’s 15-game stretch from 11/30/07-1/4/08 when he totaled 5g-17a-22pts during his point streak.
- Rockford has won three straight games for the second time this season after winning just twice in their prior 16 contests.
- Defenseman Garnet Exelby has points in three of his last four games totaling 1g-2a.
- Rob Klinkhammer has goals in three-straight contests and shows 4g-1a over that time span.
- Rockford has scored three or more goals in seven straight games, a season high.
- Hannu Toivonen ended a personal five-game losing streak on Sunday dating back to 1/17/11 after making 36 saves in Rockford’s 3-2 win in Houston.
- Winger Kyle Hagel has 185 PIMs on the campaign, the most in a single season by any IceHogs skater during the AHL era.
- Hagel broke Kris Versteeg’s mark of 174 penalty minutes set in 2007-08.
- Defenseman Brian Connelly chipped in three assists in Rockford’s 4-2 win in Peoria Friday night.
- Connelly’s 33 helpers on the campaign are tied for second in the AHL among defensemen.
Center Jeff Taffe tallied points in all five of Rockford’s contests in Week 21 to extend his AHL best and season-long point streak to 15 straight games. The veteran forward figured in on 41% of Rockford’s goals in Week 21. The Hastings, Minn. native began the week with goals in the Hogs first two games against Peoria and Chicago. Then, Taffe recorded his first multi-goal game of the season, including the game-winning marker, in Rockford’s 4-2 win at Peoria. Taffe also added an assist to go with the two goals, giving him his third three-point night of the season and an IceHogs best 10th multi-point game. The 30 year-old finished the week with an assist against Milwaukee on Saturday and a goal in the IceHogs 3-2 win on Sunday in Houston.
A Look Ahead To Week 22:
Wednesday, March 2 at Houston, 7:05 p.m.
Friday, March 4 at Lake Erie, 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, March 5 at Lake Erie, 6:30 p.m.