Chicago Blackhawks Charities - Letter of Inquiry
Any nonprofit organization (NPO) interested in receiving funding consideration for the very first time from either the Chicago Blackhawks Charities or the Chicago Blackhawks Community Fund, a McCormick Foundation fund, is required to submit a completed LOI. The due date is typically in February of each year, and the specific date will be posted here when determined for the next cycle.
To receive funding consideration, an NPO must operate a program that fits the funding guidelines for either fund and must be in stable financial health. Before submitting an LOI, review the funding guidelines of both Chicago Blackhawks Charities and the McCormick Foundation.
Please e-mail your LOI by the deadline to Elizabeth Queen at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will notify the organizations that are chosen to submit a full application by April 1st.
The LOI must include the following:
- A two page letter describing the NPO's mission and the specific program for which you seek grant support.
- Be specific about the program's intentional goals, target population, operations and outcome measurements from the previous year of program operation.
- Please attach one (1) copy of the following required documents:
- IRS 501(c)3 - most recent federal tax exempt determination letter
- Most recent audited financial statements or IRS990 (if audit not available)
- A list of members of the NPO's board of directors