Meijer 2012 Hockey 101 Sweepstakes - Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. HOW TO ENTER: The Meijer 2012 Hockey 101 with the Chicago Blackhawks Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 A.M. Central Time (“CT”) on April 1, 2012 and ends at 8:00 P.M. CT on April 14, 2012, (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Enter one of two ways: (i) In-Store Entry: Visit one of the 14 Chicago area Meijer stores in Illinois during the Sweepstakes Period and fill out an official entry form completely OR on a 3” x 5” card, hand print your name, address, valid email address, age and daytime phone number, and drop it in to the Meijer store’s Official Ballot Barrel; You may not mechanically or otherwise reproduce an entry form; One (1) Ballot Barrel entry per shopping visit. (ii) On-line Entry: To enter online, complete an official entry form at www.chicagoblackhawks.com. NOTE: There is no charge or cost to entering online. All required entry information must be completed in full. Limit one (1) entry per person. All online entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. You must be the authorized account holder of the email account provided at the Sweepstakes entry and the email address provided must exist prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY: You must be a legal U.S. resident of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin who is 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Meijer, The Chicago Blackhawks Hockey Team, Inc., the National Hockey League and their parent, related, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives or agencies, and their immediate families or persons residing in the same household of such employees, (collectively “Sponsor & Others”) and other individuals/entities associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
3. PRIZE, ODDS OF WINNING PRIZE and APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): The prizes for this sweepstakes consist of the following (collectively, the “Prizes”). Twenty-five (25) winners and one guest per winner will each receive: (a) an opportunity to participate in a clinic hosted by the Chicago Blackhawks Director of Youth Hockey and a Chicago Blackhawks Alumnus at a Chicagoland Meijer location at a date to be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks and Meijer; and (b) a Chicago Blackhawks gift bag; Value of clinic, and gift bag is approximately $100.00 per person. Total ARV for all Prizes is $5,000. All other costs associated with the Prizes not specified or mentioned and all applicable federal state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. No prize substitution or cash equivalent of prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and then only for a prize of equal or greater value. The Sponsor & Others make no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of the Prizes including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
4. DRAWING: On or about April 18, 2012, a random drawing from all eligible entries will be conducted by Meijer to select potential winners for each of the Prizes. The potential winners will be notified by Meijer on or about April 18, 2012by supplied contact information provided at time of entry. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility/Compliance (including, without limitation, providing his/her respective Social Security Number for tax purposes) and a Liability/Publicity Release, as allowed by state law, by the return date specified in the prize notification letter. If any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, or if mail is returned to Sponsor, Sponsor will have the right to select an alternate winner.
5. RELEASE: All entrants agree to release the Sponsor & Others from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses of any kind to persons and property, including any accident, loss, injury or death resulting from entry into the sweepstakes and/or occurring or in any way related to the prizes.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Entrant agrees that Sponsor & Others are not responsible or liable for and entrant hereby releases Sponsor & Others from any claims arising from: (1) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, computer, network, hardware or software; (3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any service; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (5) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or from downloading any material from Sponsor’s or Promoter’s Website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by any Sponsor, Promoter or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to a Sponsor’s or Promoter’s Website by a hypertext link. By entering, entrant agrees to abide and be bound to these Official Rules and all ticket-holder rules and policies, and to release, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsor, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, and each of their respective officers, directors, partners, members, shareholders, owners, employees, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) with respect to or arising out of (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, and (ii) from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes related activity, including but not limited to any travel to, or attendance at, a Chicago Blackhawks game or hockey clinic.
8. GENERALCONDITIONS: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO WIN A PRIZE: Game entries will be declared to be made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of game play. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access provider, Online Service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to prohibit the participation of an individual if fraud, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or like entry methods, or tampering is suspected, or if the individual fails to comply with any requirement of participation or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner as stated herein or with any provision in these Official Rules. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award all prizes claimed prior to cancellation or termination. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS AND PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Once submitted, entries become the exclusive property of the sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The winners, in accepting their Prizes, consent to the use of their names, addresses (city, state), photographs and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade and promoting in any and all media on behalf of the Sponsor, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. If you have entered online and you would like your email address removed from the Sponsor’s email list, go to http://www.meijer.com/user/unsubscribe.jsp and click on “Unsubscribe”. Please allow up to 10 days to be removed.
9. GOVERNING LAW & VENUE: The courts in Cook County, Illinois will have sole jurisdiction of any controversies regarding the Sweepstakes and the laws of the state of Illinois shall govern without regard to choice of law provisions. Each entrant waives any and all objections to jurisdiction and hereby irrevocably submits to the venue of those courts within Cook County, Illinois.
10. WINNERS LIST: For a winner’s list and/or a copy of the Official Rules, send a request to: 2012 Meijer Hockey 101 Sweepstakes, c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Official Rules may also be viewed and printed at www.chicagoblackhawks.com. Requests for Winners List must be received after April 19, 2012 and before May 4, 2012.
11. PROMOTER/SPONSOR: Meijer, Inc., 2929 Walker Grand Rapids MI 49544.