1. How to Enter: No Purchase or Transaction Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchases or transactions will not increase your chances of winning. From July 20, 2012 through March 22, 2013 (“Contest End Date”), fans can submit nominations for the BMO Harris Youth Hockey Player and Coach of the Month (“Contest”). Fans can submit a nomination form on-line at chicagoblackhawks.com, available in the youth hockey section or at the BMO Harris Bank Helpful Steps for Parents website, located at http://community.bmoharris.com/helpful-steps-for-parents/, or mail in a nomination form to the Blackhawks at 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Official Entry Forms are available at the Amateur Hockey Association of Illinois (AHAI) youth hockey table at Blackhawks home games, the Chicago Blackhawks Convention, and various ice hockey rinks in the Chicagoland area. No entries will be accepted after the Contest End Date. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Entries become the property of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., and BMO Harris Bank N.A. (collectively “Sponsors”) and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: Nominees for Youth Hockey Player of the Month must be between five (5) and eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of his or her nomination. Nominees for Youth Hockey Coach of the Month must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of his or her nomination. Nominators and nominees must be individuals (i.e. not a company, foundation or other organization), and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees of (a) Sponsors, (b) National Hockey League (“NHL”), (c) the NHL’s member teams, (d) Sponsors’ advertising and promotion agencies, or (e) any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors and agents.
3. Judging Criteria: Judges will select three (3) Youth Hockey Players of the Month and three (3) Youth Coaches of the Month (each a “Contest Winner”) in their sole discretion. Contest Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: (a) hockey accomplishments; (b) volunteer activities in the nominee’s community; and (c) demonstrated passion, dedication and spirit through commitment to community. In determining the Youth Hockey Player of the Month, the judges will also consider the nominee’s academic accomplishments and involvement with his or her school. The judges will select two (2) Contest Winners (one player and one coach) on or about each of the following Selection Dates from among all eligible entries received prior to such date:
4. Prizes: Chicago Blackhawks representatives will attend one (1) practice or game of each Contest Winner’s team and film each Contest Winner playing or coaching, as applicable. The Contest Winners will be honored on-ice prior to a Blackhawks game, and the presentation will incorporate the film of each Contest Winner. Each Contest Winner will receive four (4) 100 level game tickets to the Blackhawks game at which he or she will be honored and each Contest Winner will be presented with a plaque. The dates of the award presentation games will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion.
The Chicago Blackhawks will also send a letter to the principal of the school attended by each of the three (3) Youth Hockey Players of the Month detailing why he/she won the Youth Hockey Player of the Month and offering congratulations to the Youth Hockey Player of the Month. The Chicago Blackhawks will also send a certificate and a letter to each of the three (3) Youth Hockey Coaches of the Month’s hockey organization(s) congratulating the Youth Hockey Coaches of the Month. The Contest Winners for January, February, and March will be invited to attend a Chicago Blackhawks practice in March or April and meet current Chicago Blackhawks players. The dates of the practices shall be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Finally, the Chicago Blackhawks will post a head shot, biography and short video clip about the each Contest Winner on the youth hockey section of the Chicago Blackhawks’ website. The approximate retail value of each prize is six hundred sixty dollars ($660.00).
Each nominee is only eligible to win one prize. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to as being included in the prize, including, but not limited to, transportation to and from the United Center, parking, food, beverages and souvenir items, and all taxes associated with participation in or receipt or use of a prize from the contest shall be the responsibility of the Contest Winner. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may substitute or alter any prize for one of equal or greater value. Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash or otherwise, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
5. Awarding of Prize: Selected Contest Winners will be contacted by telephone or e-mail based on the contact information provided in the entry form. The Contest Winner’s tickets will be available for pick-up at the United Center at Will Call prior to the game for which the tickets were provided. Valid state or federal identification from the Contest Winner, or one of the Contest Winner’s parents or legal guardian, is required to pick up the tickets at Will Call. Contest Winners must attend the game for which game tickets are provided.
6. General Rules: By entering this Contest, the nominator agrees (and by agreeing to accept a prize, the winning nominee agrees) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest, including without limitation, eligibility and /or disqualification of entries. Entries are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any nominator and his or her nominee who is found to have tampered in any way with the operation of the Contest.
The Sponsors are not responsible for (i) lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected or stolen entries; (ii) interrupted or unavailable network, broadband, satellite or telephone networks or lines, computer systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; (iii) unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; (v) jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (vi) any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors that may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest or in any Contest-related materials; or (vii) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
Each Contest Winner must complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (collectively, the “Release”), without revision, within seven (7) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternative winner. By accepting a prize and executing the Release, the Contest Winner, among other things: (a) agrees to hold harmless and release Sponsors, the NHL, the United Center Joint Venture, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors, employees, members, partners, advertising and promotions agencies, and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however caused, named or described) with respect to or arising out of either their participation in the Contest or the receipt or use of the prizes awarded herein; (b) consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, voice, and identification of his or her city/state of residence for any and all publicity and advertising purposes, commercial or otherwise, in any and all media by Sponsors or their promotional partners without compensation or additional permission; and (c) acknowledges and agrees that he or she may be identified on the in-arena videoboard and announced as a BMO Harris “Youth Hockey Player of the Month” or a BMO Harris “Youth Hockey Coach of the Month” on the public address system at the United Center at the game he or she attends as a prize winner.
This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing or completing this Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within the Sponsors’ control, including but not limited to electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, wotrk stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute, or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Contest, Sponsors shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Contest without further obligation. If the Sponsors, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause. Sponsors are not responsible if any game is delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond their control.
7. Winners’ List: To receive a full list of prize-winners, send a postage-paid envelope to: BMO Harris/Blackhawks Youth Hockey Player and Coach of the Month Contest, Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Requests for a Winners’ List must be received after April 1, 2013 and before June 30, 2013.