2012-2013 KIA Motors Fan-tastic Sweepstakes - Official Rules
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a person's odds of winning with an entry. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Void where prohibited by law. Affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement may be required.
(2) The 2012-2013 Kia Motors Fan-Tastic Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, and who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) of the Sponsors (defined below), the National Hockey League (the “NHL”) and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, dealerships and affiliates are not eligible to participate. The decisions of the Sponsors, including eligibility of participants and selection of the potential winners (the “Winners”), are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules”.
(3) The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on September 10, 2012, and ends at 5:00 p.m. CT on April 12, 2013. To enter, scan the QR code on the back of select Chicago Blackhawks game tickets or select Chicago Blackhawks pocket schedules, or enter directly on-line at chicagoblackhawks.com. Entries may also be submitted via mail (postage-paid and only 1 entry per envelope, each of which must be mailed separately) addressed to: Chicago Blackhawks Sweepstakes, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Mail-in entries must include entrant’s: Name, Age, Address, City, State, Zip, Work Phone Number, Home Phone Number, and Email Address. . Online or QR entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. CT on April 12, 2013 and mail-in entries must be postmarked byApril 12, 2013 and received by April 15, 2013. Limit one entry per person, per season (regardless of method). If entrants so consent on an entry form or otherwise, entrants will receive occasional promotional offers from the Sweepstakes’ Sponsors. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries permitted. Entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be returned. No responsibility is assumed for technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software, network computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, lack proper postage, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsors may be disqualified. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the official rules, or to undermine legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. The Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected at random on or about May 1, 2013, from all eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Participants need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. Mail, email or overnight courier by the Sponsors. In the event a Winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of the date of notification or declines the prize, a disqualification will result and an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
QR Code Entry Specifics: In order to scan QR codes, your mobile device must have a QR code reader installed. If your mobile device does not have a QR Code Reader, you may download the version for your specific device from sites such as the Apple App Store (iPhone) or Google App Marketplace (Android Phones), or other destination sites applicable to the specific device used for download. QR Code entry may be limited and may not be available through all wireless carriers. Installation of a QR Reader is subject to your wireless phone’s compatibility. Standard messaging and data rates from your carrier apply. Check with your service provider or refer to your service contract for complete details, availability and coverage and a description of applicable charges. Sponsor is not responsible for any QR Code reader website, download, claim or otherwise related to the entrant’s attempt (successful or otherwise) to install a QR Code reader. Sponsor does not endorse any such QR Code reader or company products and any download is at the sole risk of the entrant.
In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsors' satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. The Grand Prize includes commercial economy roundtrip airfare from Chicago to a destination selected by the Chicago Blackhawks for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest via a Chicago Blackhawks-selected air carrier, two (2) game tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks regular season road game selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion, two (2) replica Chicago Blackhawks jerseys (sizes to be selected in the Chicago Blackhawks sole discretion), one (1) hotel room night at the team hotel (standard room based on double occupancy), and $200 spending money (Approximate retail value (“ARV”) $2,600) Actual retail value of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the Chicago Blackhawks or its designee. Certain restrictions and black out dates may apply. The winner of the Grand Prize must travel as and when designated by the Chicago Blackhawks or the Grand Prize may be forfeited and an alternate randomly selected winner may be chosen. First Prize is a signed and framed team-autographed replica Chicago Blackhawks jersey (ARV $1,300) Second Prize is one (1) pair of tickets for the CBOE Player Bench Seats at one 2013-2014 regular season game (determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion) (ARV $1,000) Third Prize is four (4) VIP 2013 Blackhawks Convention Passes. (ARV $500) Total ARV of all prizes: $5,400 All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without consent of the Sponsors. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize providers’ rules and restrictions. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of comparable or greater value or to provide Winners with the approximate value of such prizes in cash. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose).
The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and their companion(s) to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). All aspects of the travel portions of the Grand Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at the Chicago Blackhawks’ sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The Chicago Blackhawks’ reserve the right to structure travel route and select hotels in their sole and absolute discretion. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the Grand Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The Grand Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability. If in the judgment of the Chicago Blackhawks air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Grand Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsors are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsors. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize winner at the time of Grand Prize notification. Grand Prize winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Companion of Grand Prize winner must be at least the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Sponsors’ transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any Grand Prize package, and are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: hotel taxes, additional ground transportation at the Grand Prize winner’s destination(s), travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the Grand Prize winner. In the event a prize Winner (and/or his or her companion, as applicable) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsors or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early. All Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any of the prizes not specified herein. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsors and the value of any prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winners may be required to provide Sponsors with a valid social security number or tax identification number before their prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Any and all guarantees and warranties for Vehicle are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and Winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim.
6) Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7) A list of winners can be obtained through June 2013 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope and writing to: Chicago Blackhawks, Kia Motors Fan-Tastic Sweepstakes, 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612.
(8) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, dealerships members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a Winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Also, the Released Parties are not responsible, and may disqualify an entrant, if his or her e-mail address does not work or if it is changed without entrant giving prior written notice to Sponsors. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or to the winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ sole control.
(9) In consideration for being awarded a prize, each Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the Winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates. Each Winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Each potential Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance (“Affidavit”) form within 15 days of attempted notification. If any potential Winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsors or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential Winner, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate potential Winner. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a potential Winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner may be selected. The Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Winners.
(10) Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Kia Motors America, Inc.
111 Peters Canyon Road
Irvine, CA 92606Inc.
Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
1901 W. Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60612
(13) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.