University of Phoenix 2012-2013 B-Better for Blackhawks - Official Rules
(1) PARENTAL CONSENT REQUIRED FOR ALL ENTRANTS 17 YEARS OF AGE OR YOUNGER. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE A PERSON’S ODDS OF WINNING WITH AN ENTRY. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
(2) Eligibility. The University of Phoenix B-Better For Blackhawks High School Reward Ticket Program Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, and who are students enrolled in any high school within 50 miles of the City of Chicago on the date of entry. Employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not) of the Sponsors (defined below), Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., the National Hockey League (the “NHL”) and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliates are not eligible to participate. The decisions of the Sponsors, including eligibility of participants and selection of the winners (the “Winners”), are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules.”
(3) Method of Entry. The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on September 20, 2012, and ends at 5:00 p.m. CDT on March 8, 2013. To enter, mail (postage-paid) a copy of your official high school report card for any grading period (semester or trimester) during the 2012 calendar year together with a completed entry form containing the entrant’s name, phone number, address, email address and, if entrant is 17 years of age or younger, a consent signed by entrant’s parent or legal guardian to: Chicago Blackhawks Community Relations/B-Better For Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Only report cards with a “B” or better average (as determined by Sponsors) will be eligible for entry into the Sweepstakes. Copies of blank entry forms are available at www.chicagoblackhawks.com. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by March 8, 2013 and received by March 12, 2013. Limit one entry per report card period. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, lack proper postage, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsors may be disqualified. The Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected at random at various times during the Chicago Blackhawks 2012-2013 regular season from all eligible entries received by the Sponsors. Participants need not be present to win. Winners will be notified by telephone by the Sponsors. In the event a Winner does not respond to any such notification within three (3) days of the date of notification or declines the prize, a disqualification will result and an alternate winner shall be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Eligible entries which are not selected as Winners will be automatically reentered in subsequent drawings.
(4) Prizes. Seven (7) Winners will be randomly selected for each Chicago Blackhawks regular-season home game October 13, 2012 – April 12, 2013. Each Winner will receive two (2) 300 level tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks regular-season home game for use by Winner and one (1) guest (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of $108.00). The date of the game and the location of the seats shall be determined by Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. in its sole discretion. All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without written consent of the Sponsors. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes of comparable or greater value. All prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and any and all costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of any of the prizes not specified herein. Sponsors are not responsible if game is delayed, postponed or cancelled for reason of act of God, terrorism, war, natural disaster, lockout, work stoppage, strike or any other reasons beyond their control. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. The prizes are not redeemable for cash, except in Sponsors’ sole discretion.
(5) Odds of Winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
(6) Winners’ List. A list of winners can be obtained through May, 2013 by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope and writing to: Chicago Blackhawks, University of Phoenix B-Better for Blackhawks High School Ticket Program Sweepstakes, 1901 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Requests for a list of winners must be received by June 1, 2013.
(7) Consent/Indemnification. By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and hold harmless and indemnify the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the “Released Parties”) against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; or (iii) the use of a Winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy. Each Winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility/release of liability/prize acceptance (“Affidavit”) form prior to receiving a prize. If any Winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsors or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such Winner, such Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate Winner. If any Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a Winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected. The Sponsors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the Winners. In consideration for being awarded a prize, each Winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the Winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates. A parent or legal guardian will be required to give all consents on behalf of a Winner 17 years of age or younger.
(8) Assumption of Risk. Each entrant assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize.
(9) Void Where Prohibited. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
Apollo Group, Inc. d/b/a University of Phoenix Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc.
199 Fremont Street, Suite 1800 1901 W. Madison Street
San Francisco, CA 94105 Chicago, IL 60612
(12) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF.