Own a Horse with Eddie Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN AND INDIANA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO ILLINOIS LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SPONSOR: Hawthorne Race Course, Inc., 3501 S. Laramie, Stickney/Cicero, IL 60804 (“Sponsor”)
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am CT on March 12, 2013, and ends on April 13, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. METHOD OF ENTRY: Between 12:00:00 am CT on March 12, 2013, and 11:59 pm CT on April 7, 2013, you can enter online http://www.chicago blackhawks.com, and follow the instructions to register and enter. On April 13, 2013, you can enter by filling out an entry form at Hawthorne Race Course, between the hours of 11:00 am, CT and 3:00 pm, CT. An e-coupon will be available free of charge on www.chicagoblackhawks.com to gain free admission to the Hawthorne Race Course on April 13, 2013. One entry per person. Entries submitted in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or verified. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated or mechanical means or that subverts the entry process will be void. Each online entrant will receive an e-coupon when registering for (1) free admission and program to Hawthorne Race Course on April 13, 2013, and each entrant will have the opportunity to opt in to receive additional communications from Sponsor.3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana who are 18 years of age and older except for employees (and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, whether related or not) of Sponsor, Midwest Thoroughbreds, Inc. (“Midwest Thoroughbreds”) Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. (“Chicago Blackhawks”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and promotion and advertising agencies (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises L.P. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, equityholders, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Released Parties”). Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void outside of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. SEMI-FINALIST AND WINNER SELECTION: Twenty (20) potential semi-finalists will be selected in a random drawings to be conducted during the Promotional Period, from among all eligible entries received. Entries not selected will be eligible for all subsequent drawings. Four potential semi-finalists will be selected for each week of the Promotional Period. Four additional potential semi-finalists will be selected on April 13, 2013, at Hawthorne Race Course. Five (5) potential Grand Prize winners shall be selected from the twenty (20) semi-finalists in a random drawing on April 13, 2013. Semi-finalists must attend the drawing on April 13, 2013 at Hawthorne Race Course in order to be eligible to win grand prize. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Potential semi-finalists and winner will be notified by email or phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential semi-finalist or winner within a reasonable time period or entrant’s noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate semi-finalist or winner may be selected for the drawing.
Each potential semi-finalist will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license (“Affidavit”) form. Semi-finalist’s guests will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release. If any potential semi-finalist fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, such potential semi-finalist may be disqualified and an alternate potential semi-finalist may be selected. Grand Prize winners will be required to sign a prize acceptance agreement by April 19, 2013 in order to claim Grand Prize.
Identity of the semi-finalists and winners is subject to Sponsor’s verification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number (MTN)/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address. Each potential semi-finalist or winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the MTN or contact phone number and/or email address associated with the winning entry.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
Each Semi-Finalist: Each semi-finalist shall receive free admission and program for semi-finalist and three (3) guests to Hawthorne Race Course on April 13, 2013, and a Blackhawks Gift Bag. Each semi-finalist shall also have access to a private party box with Eddie Olcyk at Hawthorne Race Course on April 13, 2013. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $200.00.
Five (5) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize winner will receive a two percent (2%) interest in the racing distributions (“Racing Distributions”) of the horse (“the Horse”) as designated by the Sponsor and owned by Midwest Thoroughbreds subject to the terms and conditions contained herein and more fully described in an prize acceptance agreement to be signed by the winner. The Racing Distributions shall mean and be defined as the net monies earned by the Horse during its racing career (defined as beginning on April 13, 2013 and continuing until the April 28, 2014, unless terminated earlier by one of the events specified herein) less expenses. In the event expenses related to the Horse exceed the monies earned by the Horse, the recipients will not receive any Racing Distributions, but shall not be obligated to pay any expenses. The recipient will not obtain any ownership interest in the Horse by participating in or redeeming this Prize. In the event the Horse is sold, in whole or in part, the recipient shall not be entitled to any distributions resulting from the sale of the Horse. The recipient shall cease to receive any Racing Distributions upon the earlier of (i) April 28, 2014, (ii) the Horse’s retirement from racing; (iii) the sale of the Horse in its entirety; or (iv) the resignation or removal for any reason of Midwest Thoroughbred as the manager of the Horse. The rights to receive Racing Distributions shall be non-transferrable, in whole or in part. The grand prize shall not be considered as creating a joint venture, partnership or other relationship whereby any party shall be held liable for the omissions or commission of any other party. The recipient is solely responsible for reporting any income derived from the grand prize to the proper taxing authorities. The recipient agrees to irrevocably grant to Midwest Thoroughbred, Hawthorne Race Course and the Chicago Blackhawks, their successors and assigns the right and license to use and reproduce the recipient’s name, right of publicity, nickname, and photographs taken by representatives of Midwest Thoroughbreds, Sponsor, or Chicago Blackhawks, and image or likeness in connection with the recipient’s affiliation with the Horse through the grand prize.
In addition, each Grand Prize winner will receive (1) year Platinum Membership to Club Hawthorne, which includes:
- free admission and program at Hawthorne and Club Hawthorne Off-Track Betting locations;
- 20% discount on food and beverage;
- Access to the private Platinum Players Club at Hawthorne;
- Access to reservations in Hawthorne box seats; and
- Access to the Horse Owners lounge and patio at Hawthorne;
Each Grand Prize winner will also receive (1) Day at the Races party for Grand prize Winner and up to seven (7) guests at Hawthorne Race Course or a Club Hawthorne OTB, which includes admission, program and lunch. ARV of each Grand Prize is $3,000.00.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value. All taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitutions or transfers of prizes are permitted by the winners, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: Released Parties are not responsible for, and by entering the sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; (v) lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail, email, winner notifications, or other communications (vi) for any error in the printing or interpretation of the offer, the administration of the sweepstakes, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes; or (vii) if this sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any prize or prize related activity cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Release Parties. Entrance into the sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winners’ names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this sweepstakes.7. GENERAL RULES: In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 5. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
If, for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Release Parties, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes or any part of the sweepstakes.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after April 13, 2013, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Own a Horse with Eddie – c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. Requests must be received by May 31, 2013.