TransUnion’s “Breakaway and Score” Sweepstakes- Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The “TransUnion Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) commences at 12:00 AM CT on March 30, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on April 13, 2013 (“Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59 PM CT on April 13, 2013. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions made by Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
3. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to persons legally and physically residing in Illinois, Wisconsin or Indiana who are at least 18 years of age. Employees, agents, directors and officers of TransUnion Interactive, Inc. (“TransUnion” or “Sponsor”), Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. (“Chicago Blackhawks”), and their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, partners, dealers, manufacturers, distributors, sponsors, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants: (a) agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor and by the decisions of Sponsor; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; and (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities and Facebook from and against any and all claims, injury or damages arising out of or relating to participation in Sweepstakes and/or the use, misuse or redemption of the Prizes (hereinafter defined), and for any claim including claims based on defamation, publicity rights, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
4. Sweepstakes Overview: This Sweepstakes is one (1) sweepstakes during which one winner will be randomly selected.
5. To Enter:
To Enter Online: Visit http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/TransUnion and complete all required fields on the online entry form and submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrant is providing information to Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks and not to Facebook.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per person. If it is suspected that an entrant submits more than one (1) entry, only one (1) entry will be considered. In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning online entry, the “authorized account subscriber” of the e-mail account used to participate in Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry, will be deemed to be the entrant. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Sweepstakes Period. The “authorized account subscriber” for online entries is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. In the event a winning account selected is a joint account, a total of one (1) Prize will be awarded in the name of the first-named account holder. Proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of being the authorized account subscriber may be required by Sponsor.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor. Entries will not be returned. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor.
6. Odds: The odds of becoming a Sweepstakes winner depend on the number of Eligible Entries received for each applicable Drawing.
One (1) winner will receive: two (2) 200 Level tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks home game at the United Center in Chicago, Illinois, and a $500 credit at the Chicago Blackhawks Team Store to be used on the day of the game. The prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $750; and
Date of game and choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks in their sole discretion. Prize will be provided by Chicago Blackhawks. Winner and guest are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded, including without limitation, lodging, food, beverages, and transportation to and from Prize venue. Prize dates are subject to change in Sponsor’s and Chicago Blackhawks’ sole discretion. If a winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative winner will be selected in a random manner from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
8. Publicity Release: By participating in Sweepstakes, winner grants the right to Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks to record, film, videotape and photograph the winner (“Images”). These Images will be owned by Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks. Sponsor, Chicago Blackhawks, and each of their designees shall have the right to use, re-use, reproduce, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, edit, adapt, post, stream, copy and exploit such Images, and all elements embodied therein, including any names, likenesses, address, voice, conversation, biographical and Prize information and any other attributes of winner, individually or with others, in whole or in part, in conjunction with other material, if any, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising, publicity, promotion, or a Sweepstakes Winner List or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation, consideration, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law.
9. Winner Selection and Notification: Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks will attempt to contact the potential winners via the information provided at time of entry. No messages will be left on answering machines or voicemail systems. If a potential winner cannot be reached directly and/or does not meet the eligibility requirements, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries.
10. Winner Verification:
To be eligible to be declared a winner and to receive the Prize, potential winner must sign and return to Sponsor and/or Chicago Blackhawks, within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release that: (a) releases Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity, or the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, grants Sweepstakes Entities the right to use potential winner’s name, picture and/or likeness, or biographical information or voice for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such releases. If a potential winner does not sign these releases and return them within the time frame specified, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prizes forfeited and an alternate potential winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries.
Providing potential winner is in compliance with these Official Rules, and has successfully proven eligibility and/or executed any releases or documents required to be executed and provided Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 (if required), potential winner will be determined to be a winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential winner such potential winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a potential winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential winner will be chosen from among all of the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the winners for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. In addition, Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with these Official Rules. Winner agrees to comply with all venue rules and regulations and agrees not to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
By participating in Sweepstakes, winner acknowledges that Sweepstakes Entities have not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to the Prizes and that winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any form of insurance relating to the Prizes. Winner must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Chicago Blackhawks or Sponsor with respect to the Prizes and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or winner may forfeit Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. Prize Terms: If for any reason any Prize is unavailable or any Prize or related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Sweepstakes in its sole discretion and award a substitute Prize, or portion of Prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by a winner. Sweepstakes Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prizes, including, without limitation; transportation, lodging, food and beverage are solely winner’s responsibility. PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES HAVE NEITHER MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE PRIZES AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Prizes pictured in online television, print advertising, and other Sweepstakes materials are for illustrative purposes only. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Chicago Blackhawks and/or Sponsor.
12. Taxes: The winner must supply Sponsor with a complete and valid IRS Form W-9 prior to receiving Prize. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of winner for the actual value of Prize awarded if required by law. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winner’s responsibility.
13. General Terms: Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities. If, for any reason Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sweepstakes Entities, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes or any part of the Sweepstakes is terminated or modified prior to the closing date of the Sweepstakes, notice will be posted on http://www.chicagoblackhawks.com/TransUnionf time permits and the Prize will be awarded to potential winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining uncorrupted applicable Eligible Entries received prior to any such event outside of the reasonable control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during Sweepstakes for clarification purposes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
By participating in the Sweepstakes, all entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability arising out of or relating in any way to entrant’s participation in Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Sweepstakes Entities. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injuries or death and/or damage to personal or real property, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered directly or indirectly from potential winner’s participation in Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, traveling to, preparing for and/or participating in any Prize related activity.
Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not received, postage due mail entries, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in Sweepstakes, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error which may occur in the processing of the entries in Sweepstakes, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes related advertisements. Sweepstakes Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of Sweepstakes, errors in processing entries, identifying the winners, in the announcement of the Prize and winners, and the delivery of the Prizes, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile phone, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software or mobile phone or other portable electronic device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in Sweepstakes. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries are permitted and any entries received by such means will be void. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iv) to display behavior that will bring such winner or Sweepstakes Entities into disgrace; (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with Sweepstakes; or (vi) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
As a condition of entering the SweepstakeS, Entrant agrees that: (i) under no circumstance will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for out-of-pocket expenses; (ii) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this SweepstakeS, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually -- without resort to any form of class action -- by BINDING arbitration (by a single neutral arbitrator selected by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awardS shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event SHALL SUCH CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS OR AWARDS INCLUDE attorneys' fees. This sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of ILLINOIS. any action related to this sweepstakes must be brought exclusively in the circuit court of cook county, illinois or the united states district court for the northern district of illinois. by entering the sweepstakes, entrant agrees to and accepts the jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the winner must be made by June 15, 2013. For the names of the winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Chicago Blackhawks., Attention: “TransUnion Sweepstakes”, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners List” or “Official Rules” on the lower left hand corner of the envelope.
15. Sponsored by: This Sweepstakes is sponsored TransUnion Interactive, Inc. , 525 W. Monroe, Ste. 1200, Chicago, IL 60661