2013 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS GERBER SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
(1) No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a person’s odds of winning with an entry. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
(2) The 2013 Chicago Blackhawks Gerber Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the states of Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry; provided that the following persons are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes: (a) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. (“Chicago Blackhawks”) and The Gerber Group, Inc., d/b/a Gerber Auto Collision and Glass (“Gerber”), and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not), (b) the employees, officers, directors, partners, equity holders, members and agents of the National Hockey League (the “NHL”) and its member teams, and NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and affiliates, and their respective immediate family members (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren) and members of their same households (whether legally related or not). The decisions of the Chicago Blackhawks, including eligibility of participants and selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules.”
(3) To enter, complete an entry form online at www.chicagoblackhawks.com by no later than 11:59 p.m. (CT) May 29, 2013. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of the Chicago Blackhawks, and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by the Chicago Blackhawks. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules, and such entries will be discarded. No responsibility is assumed for technical, electronic, telephone, hardware, software, network computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind. No limit on the number of entries per person.
(4) One (1) Grand Prize winner, one (1) First Prize winner, one (1) Second Prize winner, and one (1) Third Prize winner will be randomly selected from all the eligible entries after May 29, 2013. Winners need not be present to win. Each winner will be notified by supplied phone and/or email. Odds of winning a prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. Purchase will not increase odds of winning. For the name of the sweepstakes winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Chicago Blackhawks, Chicago Blackhawks Gerber Sweepstakes, United Center, 1901 West Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612 after June 1, 2013 and before July 31, 2013.
(5) PRIZES: The Grand Prize winner will receive four (4) 300 level tickets to a 2013 – 2014 Chicago Blackhawks home game. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the tickets is $420. Date of game and choice of ticket seat locations to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize will be provided by Chicago Blackhawks. Winner and guests are responsible for all costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use that are not specified herein as being awarded, including without limitation, lodging, food, beverages, souvenirs and transportation to and from the United Center. Prize dates are subject to change in Chicago Blackhawks’ sole discretion. The First Prize winner will receive one “Monuments to Excellence” DVD autographed by Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita. The ARV of the DVD is $10. The Second Prize winner will receive one Marian Hossa’s 1,000th Game Commemorative Blackhawks Magazine autographed by Marian Hossa. The ARV of the magazine is $5. The Third Prize winner will receive one Official Blackhawks Puck autographed by Patrick Sharp. The ARV of the puck is $15. If a winner is not available or able to accept the Prize, winner privileges will be terminated and an alternative winner will be selected in a random manner from among the remaining applicable eligible entries.
The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded.
(6) All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, and travel to and from the United Center, are solely each winner’s responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
(7) By entering, each entrant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Chicago Blackhawks, Gerber, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of this Sweepstakes and prizes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Sweepstakes, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes.
(8) In consideration for being awarded a prize, each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in this Sweepstakes or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license (“Affidavit”) form within 15 days of attempted notification. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by the Chicago Blackhawks or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity of the winner is subject to the Chicago Blackhawks’ verification. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
(10) Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.
(12) Sponsor: The Gerber Group, Inc.
8250 Skokie Blvd.
Skokie, IL, 60077
(13) BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS.