1. How to Submit Nominations: No Purchase or transaction Necessary. Purchases or transactions will not increase your chances of winning. Nominations will be accepted from September 8, 2014 through April 1, 2015, fans may submit nominations for the CME Group Community Spotlight Awards (“Awards”) on-line at chicagoblackhawks.com. Entries become the property of Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc., and CME Group Inc. and its affiliates, (collectively “Sponsors”) and will not be returned.
2. Eligibility: Nominees for the Awards must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of his or her nomination. Nominees must be individuals, legal residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees directors, officers, governors or agents of (a) Sponsors, (b) National Hockey League (“NHL”), (c) the NHL’s member teams, (d) Sponsors’ advertising and promotion agencies, or (e) any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, or affiliates directors, officers, governors and agents. Nominators must be individuals (i.e. not a company, foundation or other organization), over 18 years of age, legal residents of Illinois, Indiana or Wisconsin, and they and their immediate families (defined as spouses and individuals living in the same household) must not be employees of (a) Sponsors, (b) the NHL, (c) the NHL’s member teams, (d) Sponsors’ advertising and promotion agencies, or (e) any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, governors and agents.
3. Judging Criteria: Judges will select forty-one (41) award winners (each an “Award Winner”) in their sole discretion at various times throughout the 2014-2015 NHL season, determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion. Award Winners will be selected based on the following criteria: (a) volunteer activities in the nominee’s community; (b) demonstrated passion, dedication and commitment to community; and (c) charitable activities. Nominees that are not selected will be carried over and considered eligible to be selected through the 2014-2015 NHL season.
4. Awards: Each Award Winner will receive two (2) 300-level tickets to a Chicago a Blackhawks home game (game date and seat location to be determined in Chicago Blackhawks sole discretion), and will be acknowledged in the United Center (during the game for which the tickets are provided) and during the radio broadcast of that game. One Award Winner will be acknowledged per game. Date of acknowledgment will be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in their sole discretion. Each Award Winner will also receive one (1) replica jersey. The approximate retail value of the prize is $510.
All prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable to any other person, including relatives or friends, without the consent of the Chicago Blackhawks. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. In the event a prize is unavailable, the Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. Unless otherwise stated herein, all prizes are awarded "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes, and travel to and from the United Center, are solely each winner’s responsibility. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. One prize per person. The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
6. General Rules: By submitting a nomination, the nominator agrees (and by agreeing to accept a prize, a winning nominee agrees) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Awards, including without limitation, eligibility and /or disqualification of entries. Entries are subject to verification and are automatically void if forged, altered, or irregular in any way. Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may disqualify any nominator and his or her nominee who is found to have tampered in any way with the operation of the Awards.
Each nominator and winning nominee agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify Sponsors, the NHL and its member teams, United Center Joint Venture, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, partners, equity holders, shareholders, members, employees, agents and representatives and all others associated with the manufacture, distribution, development and execution of the Awards and prizes (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, injury, expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the Awards; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the Awards; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; and/or (v) any other claims that relate in any way to the Sweepstakes. Additionally, the Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof or inability to continue the Awards, by reason of any act of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, kidnapping, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute, lockout, work slowdown or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, vandalism, or any other cause beyond the Released Parties’ sole control. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of the Chicago Blackhawks may be disqualified. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual feared to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Awards or to be found acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to undermine the legitimate operation of the Awards.
In consideration for being awarded a prize, each winner hereby agrees and consents, without further authorization, compensation or remuneration of any kind, to the use of the winner’s name, photograph, biographical information and/or likeness in any and all advertising, promotions and other publicity conducted by the Chicago Blackhawks, the NHL and its member teams, NHL Enterprises, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and designees. Each winner assumes all liability and risk for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Awards or the receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Each potential winner will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license (“Affidavit”) form within 15 days of attempted notification. If any potential winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by the Chicago Blackhawks or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential winner, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If any winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if a winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Identity of the winner is subject to the Chicago Blackhawks’ verification. The Chicago Blackhawks are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winners.
This Awards program is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. In the event Sponsors are prevented from continuing or completing this Awards program, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Awards program is undermined by any event or cause not reasonably within the Sponsors’ control, including but not limited to electronic disruption, virus, bugs, tampering, printing or production errors, work stoppage, lockout or other labor dispute, or other causes beyond Sponsors’ control that disrupt the administration, security or proper play of this Awards program, Sponsors shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Awards program without further obligation. If the Sponsors, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate the Awards program, Sponsors reserve the right, but not the obligation, to select Award Winners from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such event or cause. Sponsors are not responsible if any game is delayed or cancelled for reasons beyond their control.
7. Winners’ List: To receive a full list of award-winners, send a postage-paid envelope to: CME Group Community Spotlight Awards, Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60612. Requests for a Winners’ List must be received after April 1, 2015 and before June 30, 2015.
BY ENTERING THE AWARDS, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE AWARDS, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF; AND (E) ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY AGREES TO BRING ANY ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE AWARDS IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS, OR THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ILLINOIS (IF JURISDICTIONAL PREREQUISITES ARE SATISFIED).