Fly Away Promotion Sweepstakes
SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ILLINOIS, WISCONSIN AND INDIANA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO ILLINOIS LAW.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
SPONSOR: Hawthorne Race Course, Inc., 3501 S. Laramie, Stickney/Cicero, IL 60804 (“Sponsor”)
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 am CT on September 29, 2014, and ends on October 18, 2014 (the “Promotion Period”).
2. METHOD OF ENTRY: Between 12:00:00 am CT on September 29, 2014, and 11:59 pm CT on October 16, 2014, you can enter online http://www.chicago blackhawks.com, and follow the instructions. On October 18, 2014, you can enter by filling out an entry form at Hawthorne Race Course, between the hours of 8:00 am, CT and 2:30 pm, CT. An e-coupon will be available free of charge on www.chicagoblackhawks.com to gain free admission to the Hawthorne Race Course on October 18, 2014. One entry per person. Entries submitted in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or verified. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated or mechanical means or that subverts the entry process will be void. Each online entrant will receive an e-coupon when registering for (1) free admission and program to Hawthorne Race Course on October 18, 2014, and each entrant will have the opportunity to opt in to receive additional communications from Sponsor.
- 3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana who are 18 years of age and older except for employees (and their immediate family members and persons living in the same household, whether related or not) of Sponsor, Chicago Blackhawk Hockey Team, Inc. (“Chicago Blackhawks”), and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries and promotion and advertising agencies (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Promotion Parties”), the National Hockey League and its Member Teams, NHL Enterprises L.P. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, equityholders, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, employees, and all others associated with the development and execution of this sweepstakes (all of the foregoing, collectively, “Released Parties”). Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void outside of Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana and where prohibited or restricted by law.
4. SEMI-FINALIST AND WINNER SELECTION: Fifteen (15) potential semi-finalists will be selected in a random drawings to be conducted during the Promotional Period, from among all eligible entries received. Entries not selected will be eligible for all subsequent drawings. Five potential semi-finalists will be selected for each week of the Promotional Period. Five additional potential semi-finalists will be selected on October 18, 2014 from 8:00 am to 2:30pm, at Hawthorne Race Course. One (1) potential Grand Prize winner shall be selected from the twenty (20) semi-finalists in a random drawing on October 18. 2014. Semi-finalists must attend the drawing on October 18, 2014 at Hawthorne Race Course in order to be eligible to win Grand Prize. Drawings will be conducted by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters. Odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. Potential semi-finalists will be notified by email or phone. Failure to respond to the notification of winning within the specified time period in the notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, Sponsor’s inability to contact a potential semi-finalist within a reasonable time period or entrant’s noncompliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate semi-finalist may be selected for the drawing.
Each potential semi-finalist will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity license (“Affidavit”) form. Semi-finalist’s guests will also be required to sign a liability/publicity release. If any potential semi-finalist fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks, such potential semi-finalist may be disqualified and an alternate potential semi-finalist may be selected. Grand Prize winner will be required to sign a prize acceptance agreement by October 18, 2014 in order to claim Grand Prize.
Identity of the semi-finalists and winner is subject to Sponsor’s verification. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a mobile telephone number (MTN)/email address by a telephone company, wireless service provider, Internet access provider, Internet service provider or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses, telephone numbers or wireless phone numbers for the telephone exchange associated with the submitted telephone number/email address. Each potential semi-finalist or winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the MTN or contact phone number and/or email address associated with the winning entry.
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”):
Each Semi-Finalist: Each semi-finalist shall receive free admission and one (1) program for semi-finalist and three (3) guests to Hawthorne Race Course on October 18, 2014, and a Blackhawks Gift Bag. Each semi-finalist shall also have access to a private party with Eddie Olcyk at Hawthorne Race Course on October 18, 2014. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize is $200.00.
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest will receive a trip to the 2014 Breeders Cup. The trip includes airfare, hotel, VIP tickets on Friday and Saturday of the Breeders Cup, and $300 cash for ground transport (provided via credits to winner’s Xpressbet account). In order to obtain credit, winner must have or sign up for a free Xpressbet account. ARV of the trip is $3000.
Grand Prize winner will also receive two (2) tickets to a Chicago Blackhawks home game. Game date and seat locations to be determined by Chicago Blackhawks in its sole discretion. Grand Prize winner and guest will each receive one (1) Chicago Blackhawks replica jersey. ARV of tickets and jerseys is $450. Total ARV of prize is $3,450.
Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes (or a portion thereof) of equal or greater value. All taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitutions or transfers of prizes are permitted by the winners, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable. It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and his or her companion to provide proper documentation (including government issued picture identification). All aspects of the travel portions of the Grand Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by the Chicago Blackhawks in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at the Chicago Blackhawks’ sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to structure travel route and select hotels in its sole and absolute discretion. The Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round trip air transportation element for the Grand Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The Grand Prize is subject to seat and hotel availability. If in the judgment of the Chicago Blackhawks air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Grand Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Chicago Blackhawks sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the Grand Prize winner at the time of Grand Prize notification. Grand Prize winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor or Chicago Blackhawks have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. The Grand Prize winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in. Companion of Grand Prize winner must be at least the age of majority in his or her state of residence or an immediate family member of the Grand Prize winner as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Once travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in Chicago Blackhawks’ sole and absolute discretion. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes, and those set forth by Chicago Blackhawks’ transportation carrier(s) of choice. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of any Grand Prize package, and are solely the Grand Prize winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: additional ground transportation at the Grand Prize winner’s destination(s), travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges. Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these by the Grand Prize winner will be at the expense of the Grand Prize winner. In the event a prize winner (and/or his or her companion, as applicable) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor, Chicago Blackhawks or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor and Chicago Blackhawks reserve the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early. Neither Sponsor nor Chicago Blackhawks is responsible if Breeder’s Cup race is cancelled or postponed.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY: Released Parties are not responsible for, and by entering the sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties against any and all liability, injury, damage, loss or causes of action (however named or described) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from: (i) entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes; (ii) the delivery, misdelivery, receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prizes awarded in the sweepstakes; (iii) the use of a winner’s name, photograph and/or likeness as permitted herein, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy; or (iv) any travel or activity related to the receipt, use or misuse of the prizes, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death and/or property damage; (v) lost, illegible, late, delayed or misdirected mail, email, winner notifications, or other communications (vi) for any error in the printing or interpretation of the offer, the administration of the sweepstakes, or in any announcement of the winners or prizes; or (vii) if this sweepstakes cannot take place, or if any prize or prize related activity cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of Release Parties. Entrance into the sweepstakes and acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Promotion Parties to use winners’ names, photographs, likenesses and limited biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation, where permitted by law. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any injury, loss or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to, or resulting from, entering or downloading any information or software in connection with this sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this sweepstakes, or by any human or other errors that may occur in connection with this sweepstakes.
- 7. GENERAL RULES: In no event will Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes in Rule 5. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Rules or any laws, or to be attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, misappropriation, infringement, or any other unfair playing practices, poor sportsmanship, or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other participants or Sponsor representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
If, for any reason this sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Release Parties, which, in Sponsor’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this sweepstakes or any part of the sweepstakes.
8. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, available after October 18, 2014, send a self-addressed, stamped (#10) envelope to: Fly Away Promotion – c/o Chicago Blackhawks, 1901 W. Madison St., Chicago, IL 60612. Requests must be received by November 18, 2014.