Career: Represented USA at '08 IIHF World Championships (6GP-1G-2A-3P) as well as '03 and '04 (Gold Medal – 1st in national history) World Junior Championships (13GP-2G-7A-9P combined)… Also won 1st World U18 Championship Gold Medal in USA history in '02 (3GP-3G-1A-2P)… Played 4 seasons (2000-04) in OHL with Plymouth Whalers (217GP-52G-135A-187P)… Named OHL and CHL Defenseman of the Year in '04… Earned OHL All-Rookie honors in '01… Made NHL debut (w/CHI) on 2/2/06 at STL… Scored 1st career NHL goal on 3/23/06 at PHX (opposing goalie: David LeNeveau).
2012-13: Currently T-5th in the NHL in PPG by a D (4)... Blocked a season-high 5 shots on 4/9 vs. SJS.
2011-12: Led CBJ in TOI/game (24:47) and finished 4th on the team in blocked shots (74)… Tied career high with 3 points (GWG, 2A) on 4/7/12 vs. NYI.
Personal: Nickname: ‘The Wiz’… Twitter handle: @jameswisniewski... Favorite player growing up was Chris Chelios… Nephew of former NHL player (PIT, DET, CHI, NYR) and head coach (DET) Billy Dea.
- Recorded multi-point games: (Dec. 16, Feb. 19).
- Tallied his first goal of the season against Buffalo on Jan. 14.
- Logged a season-high 28:23 time on ice against the New York Rangers on Jan. 16.
- Established a career-high three assists against Edmonton on Dec. 16 in his first game back from the Injured Reserve list.
- Activated from Injured Reserve on Dec. 16 after missing the Blackhawks first 28 games of the season due to a knee injury sustained during the offseason.
- Appeared in two games with the AHL's Rockford IceHogs on a long-term injury exception conditioning loan (Dec. 11 - 13), which includes notching his first pro hat trick and a pro career-high four points in the second contest.
- Led Blackhawks defensemen and ranked second overall on the squad with a career-high 103 penalty minute
- Ranked third among team blueliners with seven goals and 26 points and tied for third with 19 assists in an NHL career high 68 matchups
- Netted the game-tying goal and an assist and posted a +4 plus/minus rating in a 4-3 overtime victory on March 23 against St. Louis
- Missed 10 games from Dec. 30 to Jan. 16 due to a sprained knee suffered on Dec. 26 against Nashville
- Missed three games due to a facial injury (Nov. 28 to Dec. 1)br>- Accrued a career-best three-point night (one goal, two assists) on Oct. 31 against Dallas
- Posted multiple points four times